- fixative for cytological examinations
- an aerosol preparation for fixing biological smears applied on the microscopic slide, before their examination or transport.
Scope of application:
– gynecological smears
– body fluid smears (cerebrospinal fluid, peritoneal fluid, etc)
– smears of aspiration fine‑needle biopsy(BAC) of tumors of: thyroid gland, prostate, mammary gland, lymph glands, salivary glands, sort tissues, etc.
– smears of fluid deposits form body cavities and urine, sputum smears.
Method of application:
One the slide with smear, spray Cytologic for a short time (ca 1 s) from the distance of approximately 25 cm. Put the slide away on the level surface until it dries. After a few minutes the sample is properly fixed and protected – can be coloured, diagnosed or prepared for transport.
Pressurised container. Protect from sunlight and do not expose to temperatures exceeding 500C. Do not burn even after use. Do not spray on naked flame and incandescent materials-no smoking. Protect eyes. Use only as directed.
Ethyl alcohol, isobutane, PVP/VA copolymer.
Expiry date and batch number on the bottomof pack. The batch number is the manufacturing date as well.
Please help VMED look after the environment and dispose of this can carefully. Please place in a
proper waste container.